Mandalay Welcome

Have only been in Mandalay, Myanmar for a few hours and I'm completely disoriented. It's a been a long time since I have been to a country that is this foreign to me and its going to take some time to get my bearings. But so far, I've crossed the road successfully without getting hit by a scooter, managed to find dinner (thanks to my traveling companions GPS), and got some money from an ATM. It's funny, how quickly we feel out of sorts when all the conveniences we are used to just aren't there.
And again, I'm reminded why it's so important for me to travel to places like this. Pushing yourself out of the comfort zone bubble is all about pushing creative boundaries. I've been writing, creating, thinking and giving myself the room to allow this to happen. This time, beyond the obvious experience, will continue to foster new ideas beyond these two weeks I'm here and I can't wait to share what I come up with.
Until then, cheers to Myanmar for an awesome first few hours.

Comments

Popular Posts